Intensified feeding has positive effects on:
- Increased growth;
- Increased development of mammary gland (1);
- Higher vitality and less health problems (2);
- Decreased first calving age;
- Increased milk yield in first lactation (3);
- Less signals of hunger (4).
Please note that intensified feeding only has positive effects with CMR and not with raw milk.
Feeding too much raw milk will:
- Delay weaning by postponed concentrate intake
- Require very high volume of milk for same dry matter intake
- Cause diarrhea due to the high fat intake
If you are interested in a more intensified feeding schedule, please contact your sales manager for more information about the feeding schedule.